We’ve done some research on the cost of cleaning in Australia for you. These figures do not reflect our pricing and are general in nature.
People often ask about the following:
Average cost of house cleaning per hour
Average cost of house cleaning services
Cost of professional house cleaning
Cost of deep cleaning
So hopefully our research can help you get a clear picture on this subject.
Cost of Cleaning in Australia?
The costs of house cleaning in Australia are influenced by various factors:
- Size of Home: Cleaners may charge per room, floor, or square foot, with larger spaces requiring more resources and time, thereby costing more.
- Frequency of Cleaning: Regular cleaning schedules, such as fortnightly or weekly, may attract discounts compared to one-off appointments.
- Condition of Home: Homes that haven’t been cleaned for a longer period will require more intensive cleaning and thus be more expensive.
- Special Requests: Tasks beyond standard cleaning, like chores or dusting specific areas, will incur additional fees.
The type of cleaning also affects the cost:
- Window Cleaning: Standard window cleaning is around $20 but can increase for more difficult jobs.
- Carpet Cleaning: The cost varies depending on the method (steam or dry cleaning) and the condition of the carpet, with prices for apartments ranging from $77 to $285.
- Roof Cleaning: Prices average at $38 per hour but can go up to $80 depending on the roof’s condition and location.
- Office Cleaning: Averages at $38 per hour.
- Spring Cleaning: Ranges between $150 to $350.
- Oven Cleaning: Generally costs around $150.
- Bathroom Cleaning: Costs between $25 and $35 per hour.
These figures may vary based on the size of the dwelling, the condition and the client’s requests.
Lastly, the location also plays a role:
- Rates in South Australia, Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia average between $30 and 65 per hour. The price for individuals is generally cheaper, and agencies charge more.
- In New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory, the average cost is slightly higher at $35 to $77.50 per hour.
These are averages, and actual prices can vary based on the specific circumstances and requirements of the cleaning job.
Cleaning Cost Factors?
Domestic cleaning costs are influenced by the size and condition of the property, the frequency of service, and any special requests or tasks required. Engaging a cleaning agency can offer several advantages. Agencies typically provide trained and vetted cleaners, ensuring a professional standard of cleaning and accountability. Moreover, they can offer greater flexibility and reliability, often accommodating various schedules and cleaning needs, including one-off deep cleans or regular maintenance. An agency also handles all aspects of employment, such as insurance and replacement cover for sickness or holidays, providing peace of mind and saving time for homeowners.
Here is a list of main factors:
- Size of the Home: Larger homes require more time and effort to clean.
- Cleaning Frequency: Regular cleanings can be less expensive per session than one-time visits.
- Home Condition: Dirtier homes or those that haven’t been cleaned recently may cost more.
- Special Requests: Additional tasks beyond standard cleaning will increase costs.
- Type of Cleaning Service: Services like carpet, window, or oven cleaning have different price ranges.
- Location: Rates vary across different cities and states in Australia.
- Agency Reputation and Service Level: Established agencies with higher service standards may charge more.
- Labor Costs: The number of cleaners required and the time spent cleaning affect the overall price.
- Cleaning Supplies and Equipment: The cost can vary depending on whether the agency or homeowner supplies the cleaning products and tools.
Budgeting for Home Cleaning
When budgeting for home cleaning, first determine the frequency of cleaning you require—whether it’s weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly—as regular services often come at a discounted rate. Assess the size of your home and the level of cleaning needed, as larger spaces and more intensive cleaning will cost more. Consider if you’ll need special services like carpet or window cleaning, which are priced separately. Check the average rates in your area to set a realistic budget, and always allocate a little extra for occasional deep cleaning or unforeseen cleaning tasks that may arise. Engaging with a reputable agency can also ensure you get value for your money with reliable and professional service.
Reach out to us if you are looking for a quote for home cleaning in Brisbane